QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

扫一扫,访问微社区

搜索
查看: 4355|回复: 2

[转帖]我和澳大利亚志愿者一起工作的日子

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-10-20 19:28:56 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

It all started on August the 7th. I had thousands of expectations, thoughts, feelings and especially questions. I was shy, scared, happy, excited and stressed all at the same time. When I first saw them, I was quickly swept away by Diana and Alex’s easy and casual way of speaking and expressing themselves: we were already acting like old friends, joking and laughing about everything and nothing. Since that moment I knew that I shouldn’t accept this duty as a ‘job’, but an opportunity to show my new friends the best time ever that they can have in Beijing.

这一切都是从8月7日开始的。我怀着万分期待、想法、情感,当然还有很多疑虑,开始了我的志愿者伴随工作。一点点怯场、但又陶醉在兴奋和即将到来的压力之中――什么滋味都有,这就是当时的我。

当我第一次见到他们时,Diana和Alex随性而轻松的话语及表达自己的方式,把我先前的顾虑一扫而空。我们似乎早已一见如故,一上来就互相开起了玩笑,甚至可以拿任何事情来幽默一把。就是从那个时刻起,我忽然意识到,我已无法把红十字会交给我的这项任务仅仅视为一个“工作”,而是一个绝妙的机会,可以引导我的新朋友们度过他们在北京的可以说是此生中的美妙时光。

I still remember my first question to them was: “What kind of expectations do you have for this trip in Beijing?” and they said “none”. This thought had made their trip full of surprises, both shocking and funny, like the massive group of reporters hanging over them on their first day of volunteering. They were still talking about this experience on their last days.

我还记得我问他们的第一个问题是:“你们对这次北京之行抱有什么样的期待?”他们说:“啥也没有”。这太好了,这简直使他们后来的征程充满了无数的惊喜,包括令他们震惊和感到无比好玩的事情。比如,他们作为志愿者上岗的第一天,就遇到了阵势宏大的中国记者的“围追堵截”,直到在京工作的最后一天,他们仍把这次接受采访的经历挂在嘴边。

Throughout these 7 shortest days, we have been to all the tourist places, from admiring the Forbidden City to climbing the Chinese Great Wall, and finally bargaining at the Silk Street Pearl Market. I felt as if I was struggling between being a tourist myself and a leader taking them around, especially when they ask me “What is this place?”, I would just reply with a simple “ehhhhh…”, and rush off to ask my best teacher, Niu Hui.

贯穿短短的7天,我们忙里偷闲,足迹踏遍北京所有的著名旅游景点,从辉煌壮丽的紫禁城,到攀登上雄伟的长城;最后圆满完成工作后,我们竟然还去了秀水街加入了讨价还价的人流。我开始觉得自己好像在扮演着两个角色,既是观光者,也是一个带着他们四处奔波的向导。特别是当他们问“这里是什么地方”时,我有时也张口结舌,只能用简单的“嗯嗯...啊啊”吱应着,此时就只好赶忙转身去问我最好的老师牛辉了。

Sometimes I feel as if though we act like kids, fooling around; however I really admire the fact that they take their work very seriously helping other people, foreigners and Chinese, including those who didn’t ask for their help. This also encouraged me to open up to those people, translating for them, and be more vigilant to others: this gesture comes from some intense observations on my fellow volunteers, as they would comment on an ambulance passing by if they hear the sirens.

有时候,我觉得我们的举动有点像小孩子,轻松、无拘无束。不管怎样,我真的很钦佩他们。他们非常严肃认真地的工作,尽力地在帮助他人,中国人和外国人,甚至帮助那些没有向他们求助的人。

他们的精神鼓舞着我以更加开放的态度对待别人,起劲地为那些所有有需要的人当翻译,同时也注意到这样的小插曲:通过我对我的志愿者同行们的深入观察,我发现每当有鸣响着汽笛的救护车从我们不远处呼啸而过时,这俩人都会停下来关注地张望并议论一番。

It has been with no doubt one of the best experience I have ever had, and they had taught me things from blood pressure measuring to how the Australian sport organization works. But I would definitely think about them whenever I see Australian flags or people. I realized how people have been telling me how hard working and how much effort I have put into this, but on the contrary, I have felt nothing but excitement and fun seeing them, and I could sense that this is the best welcome and experience anyone can give to foreigners. As predicted on the last day, Niu Hui and I were hugging them in tears when we cannot part from them, and I wish that they have enjoyed what I have given them these days in Beijing, as I have enjoyed.

毫无疑问,为北京红十字会工作,是我所经历的最好的人生经验。它教给了我很多东西,从如何量血压,到....甚至是澳大利亚的体育组织是如何工作的!下次当我看到澳大利亚国旗或澳大利亚人时,我敢说我会想起他们。

从前,人们只告诉过我,有多少艰辛才能换取多少成就,但现在我想这样说:恰恰相反,我从他们身上没有感觉到辛苦,只看到了兴奋和快乐。我还意识到,这样才是我们对老外最好的欢迎,也是每个中国人都可以给予他们的最棒的礼物――真实有趣的体验和经历。

最后一天,预感到说再见的日子到了,牛辉老师和我含泪拥抱了他们,我们真的不舍得让他们走了....

我真心祝愿他们能对我的付出和陪伴工作感到满意,享受和喜欢在北京的每一天,就像我一样。

发表于 2008-10-27 12:13:39 | 显示全部楼层
原作者是谁?
发表于 2008-10-27 14:32:57 | 显示全部楼层
作者是:Elaine Chin 钱坤
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册志愿者会员

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|Archiver|手机版|北京市造血干细胞捐献志愿者协会 ( 京ICP备14056637号-1 )京公网安备 11010602060086号

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 23:47 , Processed in 1.148193 second(s), 17 queries .